Disclaimer: Although many of the cultures from this site have a history rich in tradition and folk wisdom, they have not been evaluated by the F.D.A. Some statements made or products sold through this web site, have not been evaluated by the F.D.A. They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please consult your health care professional or herbalist before using any products.
~ Haku Smoked Shoyu
Uses traditionally brewed ancestral methods of the mushiro koji, yielding an exceptional shoyu ~
~ Product Description ~
A truly rare and unique ingredient from Kyoto prefecture. Haku Smoked Shoyu is first traditionally brewed, preserving ancestral methods of the mushiro koji process yielding an exceptional shoyu. Smoked Shoyu delivers auniqueness and complexity desired by today's finest chefs.
- Smoked Shoyu is done thru a intricate cold smoking process, then aged for an additional six months to mellow.
- Traditionally brewed with ancestral methods of the mushiro koji process yielding an exceptional shoyu.
- After aging, the master craftsmen meticulously follow a cold-smoking process unique to the haku family company.
- Using Mizunara Hard Wood, a type of Japanese Oak, which bears a beautiful, lively smoke flavor.
- Typically used in moderation as a finishing shoyu.
"Simply amazing! It is so tasty. I just have to find more things to use it with. I even like taking little sips from it as it is so smoky and delicious. Its definitely pricey compared to regular soy sauce but this shoyu (Japanese word for soy sauce) is really amazing." - Joe, MS, USA
Ingredients: Water, Soybeans, Salt, Alcohol, Natural Wood Smoke
Flavor: Complex, full-bodied, Savory, Umami
Color: Dark brown, opaque
Origin: Kyoto Prefecture, Japan
Last Update 04/2018