Disclaimer: Although many of the cultures from this site have a history rich in tradition and folk wisdom, they have not been evaluated by the F.D.A. Some statements made, or products sold through this web site, have not been evaluated by the F.D.A. They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please consult your health care professional or herbalist before using any products.
~ New From Japan! Japanese Pickle Making Kit NUKA-BED, NUKADOKO, NUKAMISO, NUKAZUKE lactobacillus
Nukazuke are a type of Japanese pickle, made by fermenting vegetables in rice bran (nuka).
This kit is NUKA-BED that is ”ready to pickle”.
You can pickle various vegetables you love!
Japanese pickle making kit 1kg - NUKA-BED - now with extra NUKA rice bran 300g
HOW TO PICKLE:
1. Wash the vegetables clean
2. Soak (pickle) vegetables in NUKA-DOKO inside the plastic bag
3. Release the air from the plastic bag and seal it off. You can use a container with lid of your choice
4. Put in the refrigerator (depending on the temperature in your area) and after 1-2 nights.
It's ready to eat! Don't forget to remove(wash) NUKA from the fermented vegetables.
Qty NET : 1kg plus 300g extra of rice bran
Maker: Kohda Shoten, Japan
Ingredients : Rice bran, salt, red-pepper, Kombu seaweed, dried citrus peel, dried bonito, eggshell, yeast extract, contains Lactobacillus starter.
- It needs to be stored under refrigeration after open to avoid rot.
- Storable term: 12 month (This storable term is only a guide. If you stir well NUKA-BED with your hand once every 2-3 days, add extra NUKA rice bran and salt as necessary, it can be used semi-permanently.)
More on Nuka: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nukazuke
Product of Kohsei Foods or Kohda Shoten, Japan. Ships fresh from Japan.
Last Update 06/2017