Kombucha, Kefir, and Beyond: A Fun and Flavorful Guide to Fermenting Your Own Probiotic Beverages at Home
~ Hardcover ~
Kombucha, Kefir, and Beyond contains healthy, innovative recipes and instructions to show you how to brew your own delicious, probiotic beverages in your own kitchen.
Fermented foods have taken the world by storm due to their health and real food benefits. They help improve digestion, enable us to better assimilate vitamins and minerals, and strengthen the immune system. And of all fermented foods, drinks are some of the most versatile—and tasty!
You may be able to buy many fermented trips in stores, but making them at home is simple, economical, and makes them even better for you. With just a few ingredients and materials, you can start brewing your own delicious beverages for your family. Kombucha, Kefir, and Beyond is packed with innovative drink recipes, from healthy homemade sodas to traditional kvass and cider, that you can make in your home kitchen and enjoy all year long!
Inside, you’ll learn:
- Why to ferment your drinks
- The history of fermentation and the value of traditional foods
- The benefits of fermented drinks to your health
- All the basics: the process, the tools, and how to get started
- Five-minute recipes for lassis, fermented lemonade, and more
- How to use starters to make kombucha, kefir, root beer, wine, and others again and again
- Age-old recipes for kvass, switchel, vinegar, and mead
- Everything you need to know about why the recipes work, why they are safe, what to do if they go wrong, and how to modify them to suit your taste.
Raise a glass to good health with Kombucha, Kefir, and Beyond!