Vegan Yogurt Starter Culture - 4 Packs
This Vegan Yogurt Starter consists of a blend of lactic acid bacteria specifically selected for use in making dairy-free yogurt. This direct-set vegan culture has a mild yogurt flavor with a smooth texture and slightly weak viscosity.
Each box contains 4 packets of starter culture.
- Use 1 packet with 1-2 quarts alternative milk. (For larger batches, use 2 packets with 1-4 gallons of alternative milk.)
- Cultures at 110º F using a yogurt maker or other appliance.
- This culture often requires a thickener to achieve a store-bought yogurt consistency.
- Direct-set (single-use) culture - each packet makes one batch of vegan yogurt.
I am very excited to find a vegan yogurt culture. This culture has worked great every time I use it. I have found that I can use 1/2 cup of the previous batch of yogurt to start another batch at least once so am able to get at least 2 quarts (my yogurt maker holds a quart at a time) from each packet... - Mary H., AZ, USA
Vegan Yogurt Starter Culture Ingredients & Allergen Information:
- Ingredients: Rice maltodextrin, live active bacteria (Bifidobacterium bifidum, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp bulgaricus, Lactobacillus rhamnosus, Streptococcus thermophilus)
- Allergen Information: Manufactured in a facility that also processes products containing soy and dairy. May contain trace amounts of gluten: Barley source is used as a fermentation nutrient. May contain trace amounts of soy: Soybeans are used as a fermentation nutrient.
- GMO Status: This product contains no GMO ingredients.
You Supply: Non-dairy milk, yogurt maker or similar appliance, blender (optional), stainless steel pot for for heating non-dairy milk.
- Heat 1-2 quarts of soy or nut milk to 110°F.
- Add 1 packet of yogurt starter; mix thoroughly.
- Pour the soy/nut milk into the culturing container.
- Cover and allow to culture at 108°-110°F for approximately 6-8 hours in a yogurt maker or similar appliance.
- Once it has set, or after 8 hours, place a tight lid on the container and let it cool for 2 hours at room temperature.
- Refrigerate for at least 6 hours before eating. Your yogurt may not thicken. If a thickening agent has been added, shake well before refrigerating.